Key West Bars
Closing a Fun-Filled Day with Key West Bars
For most people on vacation, the nightlife is a prominent part that won't be missed at all cost. Key West as an island paradise won't be complete without its bars that have world class entertainment to bring to a close your day. And there are enough bars to fill up a guide book. Even cruise ships have their bars as well.
Some of the best bars can be found on Duval St. like Fat Tuesday, Lazy Gecko and Ricks as well as on Front St like Two Friend's Bar and Hog's Breath Saloon.
- Ricks Club is considered the number 1 bar in Key West and it's not without reason. It has created its huge following since opening in 1984 and now features an entertainment complex consisting of 13 bars and 8 venues. It features Rick's Upstairs, the hottest dance club in Key West while its Durty Harry's is its best live rock and roll sports bar.
It owns the Tree Bar which serves premium spirits and freshly squeezed oranges juices. Its Crow's Nest is its latest VIP bar and the Red Garter features only the finest adult entertainment. Its newest venues include Rick's Loft offering premium wine and martini, and the Mardi Gras Daiquiri Bar.
- Green Parrot Bar has been providing live band music and dancing since 1983 and is considered one of the best Key West saloons according to Playboy Magazine in its May 2000 edition. It had been featured before in the Travel and Leisure, Islands and other travel publication.
- Fat Tuesday has its roots from Bourbon St in New Orleans and offers one of the most upbeat ambiance since 1990. Drinks are aplenty with its open bar with is famous specialty - Frozen Daiquiris which are authentic New Orleans mixed drinks. Then there's the Kew West Margaritas and a host of other spirits and beers.
- Two Friend's Patio and Bar is one of the oldest family-owned restaurants that is better known for its true flavor of the original Key West dining that has remained unchanged since if founding in 1967. It is open from breakfast at 8 am all the way to the wee hours of the morning with its local seafood specialty of shrimps, fish, lobster, crabs and oysters, not to mention the island's best charcoal-grilled steaks and ribs.
You can enjoy a really sumptuous dinner with live entertainment every night while its bar lounge features a Karaoke WebCam
- Hog's Breathe Saloon makes good its history of great live entertainment and fun interspersed with a mix of outstanding food and drinks. You just can't miss its homemade bikini contest and nightly live bands.